Monday, April 20, 2015

In an Instant.....

On Saturday I was driving to Brookings to meet up with my family to celebrate my mom's birthday.  As we drove down there it was gloomy and you could tell the rain was slowly moving in.  The grass was dull and looked pretty lifeless.  We hadn't got much rain or snow at all this year and the ground was screaming out for the sweet taste of water to bring it all back to life again after a long winter.  I'm not gonna lie, the 24 hours prior to leaving for Brookings were hard on my soul.

The day before was filled with a screaming toddler who was having some tummy issues, which brought on a screaming 3 month old who didn't understand why her big sister was so upset.  Which then also brought on a mother who was sitting on the bathroom floor trying to encourage one daughter to go potty while also trying to feed the other one in order to calm her scared little spirit.  It was a day filled with being on the verge of tears from being frustrated.  And of course bedtime was also a huge disaster.....the 3 month old was overly tired.....and the 3 year old got up 2 hours after going to bed to scream some more on the potty.  I was looking forward to curling up with the hubby and some pizza after the girls were in bed and let it all out about what a rough day I had had.  I was looking forward to having him to help make me feel better.  To tell me what a rockstar mom I was. But of course that couldn't happen either.  He came home really really sick and was in no mood to talk.  So alone to bed I went hoping I would awake the next morning with all right in the world.

The next morning wasn't much better.  The husband was still sick and the 3 year old was still having tummy issues (along with getting up at 5 am...which is WAY earlier than the norm).  And yet off to Brookings the girls and I went to hopefully have a joyous celebration.  The night didn't go smoothly but it ended on a good note and was so good to see my family as usual.


On the drive back home it was raining.  Finally much needed rain.  PRAISE THE LORD! As I looked around the fields and ditches on the ride home I noticed something that took my breath away.  The grass....the grass that looked dead and lifeless on the drive to Brookings was beautifully green and full of life.  In just a few short hours and with a little water, everything had changed.  Everything looked different.  And it got me thinking, isn't that what Jesus does for us? He can take any situation, any hurt, and any thing that is wrong, and in an instance turn it all around making it right....making it beautiful.  All we have to do is call out to Him.  Ask Him to fill our empty and weak souls up.  Ask Him to heal our hurts and pains.  Ask Him to come into our situations and move in ways only He can do.  While having these thoughts running through my head a song came on my playlist from Lauren Daigle.  The chorus fit so well with what I was thinking and feeling:

Oh o'Lord 'o Lord you hear my cry
Your love is lifting me above all the lies
No matter what I face I know that in time
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right
You'll take all that is wrong and make it right
-O'Lord Lauren Daigle

While those 24 hours prior to that drive where hard and stressful, they didn't last forever.  Eventually we got relief from the stress and everyone was happy again.  Whatever situation we are facing we need to remember to cry out to God for help.  Ask Him to breathe life into our trials and sorrows.  Relief might not come right away, but everything everything can change in an instant.  As quickly as the grass changed from dull and brown to vibrant and green, in God's timing He can change anything.  All we have to do is lean on Him, and let Him.    


No comments:

Post a Comment