Monday, March 31, 2014

When God speaks on your date...

Looking at the calendar I can't believe tomorrow is April. March has completely flown by and I don't even really know where it went.  I take that back, I do know where it went.  The past 2 weeks have been utter chaos from our usual chaos.  With Maci in and out of the hospital, that's where March went.  And I will be quick to admit that I am so ready to bid goodbye to March and hello to April.....

This weekend however my man and I got a rare outing with each other.  We honestly couldn't even remember the last time we got to go out on a date and just enjoy one another.  It was something both of our hearts and souls were yearning for.  I was like a giddy little school girl going on her first date.  Going out with that man still brings my heart far more joy and happiness than I could ever imagine.  And with the weight of everything we've had to deal with over the past several months, including Maci's illness and living apart, it was far more needed than either of us could imagine.

First up on the agenda, going to a movie.  Usually it's dinner and then a movie.  But we decided to take advantage of matinee pricing and do it the other way around.  And boy am I glad we did.  The movie we went to had so much awesomeness in it, we needed dinner to talk about it all.  Can you guess what we went to? If you guessed "God's NOT dead" then you would be right.  And frankly I can't even describe into words how that movie made me feel.  I laughed, I cried, I got angry.  Every single emotion our minds have I felt at one point in those 2 hours.  If you haven't seen it, you really need to run and I mean run to grab a friend and head to the theater to see it.

Now there were lots and lots of profound things said during the whole movie.  And I would bet that every single person who walks out of the theater afterwards will have 1 moment that they felt God was talking to them during it.  That's just how awesome it was.  I too of course had one of those moments....

As most of you know, Trav and I are currently living apart during the week.. until our house sells.  It sucks, its hard, it brings lots of challenges and tears. And frankly the last 2 weeks have been the hardest.  Sure the world can tell us there are easy fixes to our problem.  The biggest one being we need to rent out our current house and just move.  And our response to that has always been, "We just aren't there yet.  We wholeheartedly believe we are on God's path and that's not what He wants for us." And a lot of the time we get strange looks.  Or the looks of disagreement.  Or the looks of puzzlement.  And you know what? That's ok with us because we answer to God not man.  God has our best interests in mind and until we hear differently from Him, we need to follow the crazy life He has for us.  We've believed in this plan for almost exactly 6 months now, and God used this movie to reaffirm everything for us.

At one point the missionary said to the pastor, "We've spent our WHOLE lives talking about faith, now let's start SHOWING our faith". We can say all we want we have faith God will provide for us, that He will take care of us..ect.  But the real question is, how often do we show the world we have faith? How often do we get the chance to show our faith in a big way? How often do we have to blindly go down a path and have no idea where the path will end or WHEN it will end? The hardest time to continue to have faith in what God wants for us is when the rest of the world sees an easier path.  And just because it's easier doesn't always mean it's the right way.  And right now, in this moment, God is telling us to wait on Him, and show our faith by knowing without a doubt that our house will sell.  By the end of the summer we will be together as a family again.  If I don't 100% believe that than I'm not living out my faith.

Is there a part of your life where God is asking you to show the world your faith? How much you are fully relying on Him to take care of it and trusting Him with it? If there is, let me know so I can pray with you and for you in it.  And in return continue to pray for our family.  That God will move in a big way and we will give Him the glory.

"Faith expects from God what is beyond expectation" 
-Andrew Murray

"Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, 'Why could we not drive it out?' And He said to them, 'Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; nothing will be impossible to you'".
-Matthew 17:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment