Monday, March 18, 2013

Taking a plunge into a little bit of the unknown

With much nerves and excitement I'm writing this post.  It is truly amazing looking back over the past few months and seeing how God has slowly been nudging me to make a change.  Eventually sometimes He does have to start screaming in my ear but this time it just took a series of serious nudges before I said "Ok Ok. If this is what you want for our family I will take the step out of my box and do it."

You see many many months ago I was talking to a dear friend who was doing Mary Kay.  I remember having multiple conversations with her about the company and her trying to convince me I could do it.  Pretty sure I laughed in her face every time she said that but God bless her heart for thinking I could be successful at it.  If you know me at all, you know I barely wear make up period.  A little eye liner and a little mascara and I'm good to go. ;) That was nudge number one. (And no this doesn't end with me becoming a Mary Kay Consultant.)

Then this winter I started feeling like I was supposed to be doing something on top of my photography business.  I wasn't sure if God was trying to tell me to go back to a part/full time job (which I really didn't want to do) or what exactly the desire was.  Trav and I talked about what we thought I should be doing, if I should be looking for part time evening work ect.  I think we did this on and off again for a few months.  Neither of us really wanted me to start working again like that but we were still feeling like there was something I was supposed to be looking into, we just couldn't pin point what. 

Finally last Thursday evening I went to a sweet friend's house for her Lia Sophia party.  Pretty much just went to see her beautiful face and eat her delicious food ;).  On the drive home I started feeling that same nudge again.  There was something I was missing and something I should be doing.  The next day I started looking at all the different companies like Lia Sophia.  You know the ones where you are your own boss and have parties in peoples homes?  I knew Mary Kay wasn't my thing and I knew Lia Sophia wasn't my thing.  I'm a girlie girlie but not when it comes to jewelry and make-up.  I knew I wouldn't succeed in that venture.  Then Pampered Chef came to my mind.  I began to think of the amazing products I currently have in my kitchen and how much I love them.  I thought about the party I went to last Spring and how much fun it was to sit around with my girlfriends, eat some yummy food, and look at some amazingly tempting products I wanted in my kitchen.  So what was the next step? I prayed and prayed and prayed all day off and on about it.  When Trav got home from work we talked about it and prayed some more.  Saturday I emailed a gal from Pampered Chef wanting more information on how it all works and prayed some more.  During this time I talked to a few girlfriends and of course mom and got their take.  All of them were so encouraging and positive in thinking I could do it. 

Last night Carla called me back.  We talked for over 45 minutes about it and I got all the details.  Honestly so much less scary than I thought it would be and she seems like such an encourager that it gave me the confidence I was seeking.  But of course what did I need? Another night to sleep on it and pray some more.  Big decisions are a difficult thing for me.  I like to know what I'm doing is the right choice for me and my family and of course know it is something God wants for us.

Well ladies and gentlemen, this morning I officially emailed Carla and said let's do this!!  I am so excited for all that it could and will bring to our family!! I am so excited for all the people I am going to get to meet in the next few months.  I still have to 'officially' get everything set up but within the next few days that will all be done.  :)

I'm not going to lie though friends, I am going to need my family and friends support in this.  If not by hosting a cooking or catalog show (which I so hope you will be doing because they literally are so much fun!), but by praying for me on this new adventure.  Not only will it get me out of the house a few times a month (which is something all us mommas need sometimes), not only will it hopefully bring in some extra cash for our family, not only will it help me meet more people to hopefully become some of my photography clients, but I also hope it will help me bring the love of Jesus to everyone I meet.  When I am at someone's home who I don't know, I want them to be able to see Jesus in me.  Because that's the ultimate goal for all of our lives isn't it? :)

Have a wonderful week and I will be talking to a lot of you very soon about a grand opening party :)


1 comment:

  1. So very excited for you girl! I have good feelings for this and just know this is totally up your alley! I of course will be praying for you and rooting you on!

    ReplyDelete