Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What God wants...

Well here we go....

For some reason the past several months my mind has randomly gone to blogging.  I've always done some blogs here and there for clients but never anything too personal.  Nothing ever real on my thoughts or things that are weighing on my heart. But lately, probably since the beginning of summer every once in a while the idea of sitting down at the computer and writing out what is on my mind at that moment seemed so unbelievably tempting.  I have often thought it was just because now all the sudden I'm noticing blogging is the new 'in' thing.  I've got a few more friends that do it and if I'm being completely honest I've always been a tad jealous of their talent.  Sitting down and writing out things on your mind and heart is one thing but to sit down, write it all out and then hit the 'post' button so the world can see? Man, I truly believe that takes guts and talent.  Once those thoughts are out there they are totally out there.  Can't take them back and for sure can't erase them from any one's mind who read what you posted.

Therefore anytime the longing to want to try it entered my mind I just brushed it off.  Thoughts like, "Oh they are way better at it than I would ever be" and "I could never do that, I would never say anything of any importance to anyone" would be in my head resulting in my of course not thinking about it again for quite some time.  Yet just because I wasn't thinking about it, I really don't think it ever left my mind.

Today Maci, my daughter, and I went for a beautiful afternoon fall walk.  It was absolutely gorgeous out and I just couldn't resist taking her for a stroll in her stroller and take some time to just enjoy it.  Enjoy the leaves falling, enjoy the little bit of the last warmth from the sun, enjoy the peace and somewhat quiet that is outside.  (Of course there are noises, like cars and kids playing, but to me that is still quiet and peaceful.  When you are indoors a person always tends to have the T.V. on or music, it's never the same quiet that comes from the outdoors.)

The past few weeks have been incredibly hard on our family.  We have had so much going on and so much heartache, that I was so thankful for that walk.  I took that time to just reflect on all that God had done and just spend time with Him.  And of course in the middle of that this whole 'silly' blogging thing came back into my mind.  Really? Really??  I'm having this nice enjoyable walk and THAT enters my mind?? I seriously thought maybe I was going crazy and I just wasn't focusing on God for some reason.  But then I began to wonder....is God telling me something?? Is He trying to tell me that this is part of His plan for me right now?? Is He wanting me to do it for some reason??

As I began to think about that more seriously and question it, I started of course with my same responses.  "I can't do it.  Nothing I could ever write will ever be important to anyone.  No one is going to want to read it.  I'm not good enough"  And then I felt that small tug at my heart and heard that soft voice in my head.  "Daughter, someone needs to hear it.  Someone needs to hear what you have to say.  Someone just might need to know you are going through what they are.  Even if it's just one person it IS worth it."  

Alright let's face it, He's right.  Who can argue with God anyway?? He always has our best interest in mind, and He always ends up being right, even if we don't see it right away.

That original voice in my head, that voice screaming "I can't do it and I won't", well folks I firmly believe that's the devil.  Whenever God tries to tell us something He wants from us, we best believe that soon to follow is the devil feeding us lies and telling us we can't.

So with this very first post....I encourage us all to listen to what God wants of us and to STOP listening to the lies Satan wants us to believe.  Because with God on our side....we can do ANYTHING. 

"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are POSSIBLE"
-Matthew 19:26

~Chrissy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment