Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Leaps of Faith

January 2, 2013.....2013.....crazy how time flies.  Still to this very day I feel like the year 2000 was just a couple years ago. When in reality it has now been over a decade ago.  It is true as you grow older time seems to go faster and faster.  I don't know if I ever really believed that saying until we had our Maci. 

Last year I remember at this time I was very big and pregnant.  We were just mere weeks away from the arrival of our daughter and we didn't know where the past 9 months had gone.  I returned to work on the 2nd knowing that I only had a few more weeks left of getting up and going to work everyday.  While on one hand I was so excited to be able to spend all that time at home and watch my baby grow and change everyday, on the other I was scared out of my mind.  Of course the decision to quit my steady income job had been a careful thought out and prayed one, Trav and I still felt like we were taking such a huge leap of faith.  We had taken little baby steps here and there that God told us to do but this one was the biggest one He had ever called us to do.  Where would that extra money come from?? Would our bills always get paid on time?? What about the extra little human that would be depending on us for every little thing she needed?? What about food to feed ourselves?? What about things we would want to buy or even need to buy?? There were so many unanswered questions and neither Trav nor I would ever really speak them out loud.  We just kept telling each other that God has our back and no matter what we would make it. 

Now did I deep down in my heart and soul believe this with 100% certainty?? If I'm being honest, probably not so much.  I deep down thought that after about 10 weeks I would have to find at least a part time job to help pay the bills.  I thought our savings account would be drained within a few months and that would be the end of it and we would look like the idiots.  But I just kept praying every day, "God take care of us...please don't let us fail". 

Well guess what folks?!? In just 2 short weeks we will have been living on Trav's small income for 1 whole year! When I looked back at the past year and saw all that God has done for our family I was so amazed.  All the little things that happened were worked into the whole scheme of things.  One of the biggest blessings that I will never forget is my dear sweet co-workers at West Elementary throwing me a diaper shower just a week before I had Maci.  You really don't think it sounds like a big deal but guess what?? We didn't need to buy diapers for 6 whole months!!! God is so good to have placed those sweet women in our lives.  There were so many other little things that happened here and there that were just when we needed them.  And to be honest there was no other way to explain them except God things. 

The moral of this post to start the new year is that when you take those leaps of faith, no matter how big or small, God has your back.  He will take care of you, He will be there for you, He will comfort you when you need Him.  He will NEVER leave you.  Yes we had our struggles but God helped us through so much.  Don't be scared this next year to take that leap of faith He is calling you too....I promise you it will be so worth it! :)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11


~Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment